Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sharing my kitchen is a new skill I'm learning!



Ok, so sharing my kitchen is not really my best skill as a parent.  My kids LOVE to be in the kitchen with me and they've always been little on-lookers, sitting on the counter when they were little, getting things from the cupboard as they've grown, but I am really not good at letting them do the actual "work".  Well with this new holiday season, I've decided I need to carve out more time, to let my kitchen get a little bit more messy, and teach my kids (by letting them do it themselves) how to love cooking and then in turn bond with them that way.  Wow, what a lesson in patience (which if anyone knows me, is not my foretay).  But..... they LOVED the mixing of the triple batch of reindeer poop (which to anyone else would be called a peanut butter ball- and they're Kent's favorite, so if we want any for the rest of us this year or to share, we need multiple batches every season), helping to get my holiday preparation underway.....  Blake and Chloe worked as a team, they both kept the kitchen fairly clean and yet they were just tickled I let them do it all! 

By the way, Chloe also made us dinner tonight from  a children's cook book.  She made angel hair with alfredo sauce (mixed with some browned sausage) and brussell sprouts.  Good girl!!!

Well hopefully there will be many more of these photos.  I'll try to share my kitchen more!  (But it is tough!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment